WP3 – Studies on the protection given by aromatized CHT against key insect and fungi species
Leader – Université Sorbonne
- To evaluate, under laboratory conditions, the protection offered by EOs, CHT and by EOs-enriched CHT formulations against C. capitata and Drosophila suzukii on fruits, Spodoptera littoralis on tomatoes, C. vomitoria and L. sericata on meat and P. casei on cheese.
- To create a fungal collection including isolates of P. expansum, P. italicum and P. digitatum, isolated from affected fruits (apple and citrus) and/or received by colleagues.
- To select EOs or their mix effective against Penicillium spp. growth.
- To determine the MIC (Minimum Inhibitory Concentration) of EOs affecting fungal growth.
- To evaluate the effect of CHT on fungal growth.
- To evaluate the effect of the final formulations (CHT+EOs), applied on FF, on Penicillium spp. growth and mycotoxin production.
- To evaluate the antioxidant capacity of CHT and EOs.